Please contact CAM-Support@cambournevc.org if you experience difficulties accessing online resources.
Dear Parents and Carers
Return of Year 10 test papers
Well done to Year 10 for their hard work in preparing for and completing their test papers this week. Pupils are asked to come into school to drop-off their papers using the same time slot on Monday or Tuesday as they had for collecting their papers last week. Please email CAM-ExamsTeam@cambournevc.org if you have any queries or need to make alternative arrangements.
Year 11 Results Day
Unfortunately, we cannot invite students into school to collect their GCSE and BTEC results this year, as we would usually do. As for most schools in Cambridgeshire, we will send out results on the morning of Thursday 20th August via pupils’ school email accounts. Staff will of course be available for any guidance meetings that are needed and further details will be sent out over the next few weeks.
This will of course depend on the national and local position in two months’ time regarding COVID-19. However, we’reworking very hard on plans to ensure that we are able to open in September in a way that is as smooth and safe as possible for both students and staff. The Government has set out strict control measures and we need to make a lot of changes to the way we would normally operate. We’re consulting with all staff to ensure that our planning is as careful and thorough as possible, and I’m preparing a presentation in order to give you full details next week.
In the meantime, as a broad outline of our plans:
• All Government guidelines will be followed so we remaina ‘COVID Compliant’ setting. All risk of virus transmission cannot be completely removed, but it can be significantly reduced.
• Our curriculum offer is unchanged for the year. We are not cutting any subjects and Heads of Department are leading preparations to get learning back on track as fast as possible.
• Use of pupil ‘bubbles’: we’re seeking to separate year groups at school as much as possible and are planning for students to visit far fewer rooms and for staff to moveround to them. This is a major change for all of us.
• As for most secondary schools, year groups will return at intervals over the first days of term, with Years 7 and 11 returning first. This will allow for all pupils and staff to acclimatise to being back in school and to understand the new ways of working.
• We’re very excited at the thought of getting back to school!
And it’s Friday! We have some great ‘Friday Shout-Outs’ on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/CambourneVC/ where you can also find the link to our brilliant virtual school concert and production of Rapunzel – A Life in Lockdown! Just the thing to get the weekend going, and the sun’s coming out again!
With all good wishes and take care,