Positive Case Procedures
Procedure for dealing with a Positive COVID-19 Case in a Pupil at CamVC
The process that will be followed on notification of a positive case will be led by the circumstances and by advice from the Department for Education, Public Health England and the Local Authority.
In all cases we will:
- Work quickly but carefully to address the case
- Liaise with the organisations above to ensure the best/ correct steps are taking place
- Communicate clearly to parents, pupils and staff
- Protect the confidentiality of the individual(s) concerned as much as possible
- Evaluate the steps taken to improve our action plan for a future case where necessary
Likely steps that will be taken:
- Consultation with the positive case- this will involve a detailed look at all the areas of contact that individual has had in the appropriate time frame: social time, travel to/from school, movements both inside and outside of school, pupil contacts at school, checking of seating plans and who the individual has sat with or near
- Collation of possible contacts
- Liaison with LA/ DFE/PHE as to next steps, given the detailed information obtained
- Contact made with those who have come into contact - pupils and staff - to instruct on self-isolation and time frames for this
- Work will be set, and details released
- Rest of school informed of the case. The Year group will not necessarily be given as there are often contacts in multiple years.
Procedure for dealing with a Positive COVID-19 Case in a Member of Staff at CamVC
The same steps as above will be taken where applicable. Since staff are observing a 2-metre distance from pupils, staff-to-pupil transmission is thought to be unlikely.