Ethos and Values
Aspiring to Excellence
- We are a dynamic, innovative and outward-looking school.
- We value every individual and seek the best possible outcomes for each one.
- Our staff is highly qualified, exceptionally committed and continually learning.
- We nurture mutually-beneficial partnerships which enhance our pupils’ opportunities and well-being.
- We are sustained by collaboration, mutual support and trusting relationships.
- We are an open, friendly school, where all people feel they belong.
- We are proud to serve our community of Cambourne and want Cambourne to be proud of us.
Teaching and Learning
- We have the highest aspirations for all pupils and the utmost belief in each individual.
- We deliver a rich and diverse curriculum, rooted in the needs of our pupils.
- We strive to remove all barriers to learning and refuse to allow disability or social disadvantage to limit our expectations or the achievements of our pupils.
- We inspire our pupils through excellent teaching.
- We value the expertise of our subject specialists, entrusting them to hone pupils’ skills and to ensure access to powerful knowledge.
- We access technology for optimum impact.
- Our teaching is underpinned by meaningful data and rigorous, accurate assessment.
- We work together, across departments, and the Trust, sharing good practice to enhance performance and relationships.
- We create opportunities for research and professional learning for all members of staff, through our Teaching School and wider partnerships.
- Our pupils enjoy school. They engage actively in their learning, inspired by excellent teaching and a sense of shared purpose.
- Our pupils are confident learners; they build self-esteem and are willing to challenge themselves, take risks and learn from mistakes.
- Our pupils attain standards of attainment which reflect their full academic potential.
- We foster imagination, adaptability, resilience and ambition.
- We create opportunities for every pupil to build independence, teamwork and leadership.
- Pupils treat each other and staff with respect and consideration.
- Positive behaviour is an inherent expectation.
- Our leadership teams guide the school with vision and discernment.
- All leaders are role models: they act with integrity, are highly visible, and are approachable by all.
- Teaching and learning is at the heart of all decision-making.
- We believe in devolved leadership; middle leaders are highly trusted and empowered to have impact.
- All staff have opportunities to contribute their expertise to strategic school decisions.
- Communication across the school is direct and timely.
- Our leaders know the staff, communicate how much they are valued, and seek to sustain their well-being.
- We seek to engage with all parents in relationships based on mutual trust and respect.
- We believe in frequent and open communication, aiming to work with parents to maximise each child’s school experience
- We have policies that are clear and easily understood, encouraging parental engagement and support.
- We maximise the use of technology to ensure full and swift communication.
Community and Partnership
- We are a Village College and embody this ethos.
- We work in full co-operation with our Trust partners to enhance all our pupils’ education.
- We build local partnerships across all phases of schooling to ensure cohesive educational experiences.
- We engage with our local business community to sustain growth and opportunities for our mutual benefit.
- We work with our Locality Team, social and health workers, and all other relevant agencies to integrate support and sustain our pupils’ well-being.
- We seek international partnerships to widen our pupils’ understanding of their place in our world.