Thank you for visiting our website.
Cambourne Village College, an academy of The Cam Academy Trust, opened in brand new premises in September 2013 with just five forms of Year 7 pupils. Serving one of the fastest-growing communities in the UK, we now have more than 1300 pupils on roll, with major further expansion planned, including the opening of our new sixth form centre in September 2024.
The College has enjoyed remarkable success since opening, gaining an early Ofsted Outstanding rating along with designation as a Leading Edge School. Our pupils achieve excellent results in public examinations via a curriculum designed to offer maximum breadth and opportunity for all abilities. Our extra-curricular offer is also outstanding: annual musical drama performances, termly concerts, a wide range of competitive and recreational sporting activities, and many further clubs and events are on offer. In 2019, we were granted the International School Award by the British Council and are looking forward to re-launching our programme of international visits and exchanges this year.
We strive to be a welcoming and inclusive school for our pupils and also to fulfil our Village College ethos in serving the whole community: we support an active adult education programme and more than 30 local groups and organisations make use of the school’s facilities, out of hours. This unusual commitment to our local community was a key factor in our winning a prestigious Silver Award in the ‘Making a Difference’ category of the Pearson School of the Year celebrations in 2018.
Our aims are summed up below: and further explained in our Ethos Statement.
Aspiring to Excellence
- We are a dynamic, innovative and outward-looking school.
- We value every individual and seek the best possible outcomes for each one.
- Our staff is highly qualified, exceptionally committed and continually learning.
- We nurture mutually-beneficial partnerships which enhance our pupils’ opportunities and well-being.
- We are sustained by collaboration, mutual support and trusting relationships.
- We are an open, friendly school, where all people feel they belong.
- We are proud to serve our community of Cambourne and want Cambourne to be proud of us.
I hope you find our website interesting and informative: if there is anything else that you would like to know, or if you would like to arrange a visit to the College, please do Contact Us.