Parent Bulletin: 03.03.2021
3rd March 2021
Dear Parents and Carers
Tomorrow you will receive some information from Ms Gildea on the approaches to learning that we will take with your children when they return to school next week. We are also focusing on the challenge of providing the testing required by the Government and have sent reminders of the times your children are expected to attend.
Lateral Flow Device Testing in School
Thank you to all parents who have returned the consent forms for this. We are currently working with the Government system and trying to get all the data demanded from them into the correct format to upload every day. In order to do this, and so that mistakes aren’t made in the process, we will check your returned consent form to make sure that it has been completed by someone with Parental Responsibility; we will then use the contact information held on our Management Information System to complete the Government upload form. If you have any concerns about this- especially if your contact information might be out of date - please contact us. We feel that this is the best way to ensure that the data uploaded is as accurate as possible.
Testing for Households: Notice from Local Authority
Alongside testing available for secondary school pupils, and primary and secondary school staff via school, the government has also offered household testing for family members whose children access education or childcare. Details of this initiative can be found here.
In summary, from 1 March 2021, if you’re a member of a household, childcare bubble or support bubble of staff or a pupil, and are not offered testing at work, you can get a twice-weekly test:
Take a test at a rapid lateral flow test site:
- You can take a rapid lateral flow test at a local site. Testing at these sites is assisted, which means you will swab yourself under the supervision of a trained operator.
- You may need to book an appointment.
- Find your nearest rapid lateral flow test site. There are 7 sites across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
Collect Test Kits:
- You can collect up to 4 home test kits at a local collection point. Each kit contains 7 tests.
- Anyone 18 or over can collect. You can check online if the location is busy before you go.
Order Home Test Kits Online:
- If you cannot get tested at your workplace, or are unable to go to a test site or collect test kits, you can order a home test kit online. The online service will be available from 1 March 2021
And an update from Ms Curtis:
Battle: Cambourne – DAY 24: standings
HEADLINE NEWS: Great Cambourne are storming away with the lead!!! Can they keep it up?
1st place: Great Cambourne – 3391 miles
2nd place: Cambourne Exiles –3018 miles
3rd place: Lower Cambourne – 2290 miles
4th place: - Upper Cambourne – 2076 miles
We only have 5 days left until the competition closes. It is still all to play for...
The link to log your miles can be found here: Battle: Cambourne
Wishing you a pleasant evening and take good care of yourselves,