Parent Bulletin 06.05.2022
6th May 2022
This week's bulletin is available here
Dear Parents and Carers
Thank you to all the parents and carers of Year 10 pupils who joined the Parent Consultation meetings yesterday afternoon. Staff were pleased to be able to give so much highly positive feedback; if you have not already done so, we would very much appreciate your completing the short school survey available on this link:
We would also encourage all parents to complete the online Parent View questionnaire maintained by Ofsted. This can be accessed at any time via http://parentview.ofsted.gov.uk/.
Our pupils’ run of success in competitions has continued this week, with two Year 7 pupils winning our regional round of the National Spanish Spelling Bee. All our Year 7 pupils have the opportunity to participate in this annual event; those getting through to the final have beaten entrants from some very prestigious schools in the earlier rounds, so we wish them lots of luck!
This weekend, we have 76 pupils taking part in their Duke of Edinburgh Award practice expedition. It looks as if the sun will shine: thank you to all the staff and pupils who are helping.
We have had some success in recruiting support staff recently; we still have a number of vacancies, as below, and would be grateful if you would spread the word to anyone who might be interested.
Current Vacancies are:
- Teacher of Computing (closing date: 16th May)
- Head of Chemistry (closing date: 16th May)
- Teacher of Science (closing date: 16th May)
- Site Assistant (closing date: 19th May)
- Head of Careers (pending)
- Cover Supervisors (closing date: 31st August)
- Part-time Teaching Assistants (closing date: 31st August)
- Exam Invigilators (closing date: 31st August)
- Level 1 Teaching Assistants (closing date: 31st December)
Further information and application forms can be found on our website here: Vacancies - Cambourne Village College (cambournevc.org)
Wishing you all a very good weekend.