Parent Bulletin 13.05.2022
13th May 2022
This week's bulletin in available here
Dear Parents and Carers
GCSE and other public exams start in earnest next week; we wish all our Year 11 students the very best of luck as they embark on the first set of national examinations to be held for three years. The Year 11s will be attending school for two more weeks before beginning their study leave; special pre-exam breakfasts will be held to help quell those pre-exam nerves. Please look inside the body of the bulletin for pages of advice about career opportunities and Post 16 information.
The Local Authority have asked us to share the following messages with you this week.
Fostering in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough
The Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Fostering Service receives around 50 referrals every month, and we are doing everything we can to provide nurturing environments for our children and young person who need our help. We particularly need people who have experience of working with children, such as teachers, teaching assistants and other professionals from the education sector.
As your Local Authority, we are uniquely placed to support our Foster Carers in the following ways:
- We are a not-for profit organisation and invest in our children, young people and Foster Carers
- We enable young people to stay close to their family, friends and schools
- Our carers are the first to hear about the children and young people who need a home and a loving family
- If a decision needs to be made about the child, we can make it quickly as the Local Authority is the decision maker
- We offer our carers excellent bespoke training and support
- We are competitive in pay against IFAs with additional tax savings
If you can provide a safe, loving environment in which a child or young person who cannot live with their birth family can flourish, please get in touch:
- Call 0800 052 0078
- Text FOSTERING to 60777
- Email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit cambridgeshire.gov.uk/fostering or www.peterborough.gov.uk/fostering
- Follow @CCCFosteringservice or @PCCFostering on Facebook
You may also be interested in the information provided in the attached flyer about the Health and Care Sector Work Academy. This is a project run by City College Peterborough, supporting residents across Peterborough and Cambridgeshire to gain a career in health and care. Further information is in the attached flyer.
We wish you all a pleasant weekend.