Welcome to Cambourne Village College
Thank you for visiting our website.
Cambourne Village College, an academy of The Cam Academy Trust, opened in September 2013 for a first cohort of just 132, Year 7 pupils. Since that time, we have experienced quite remarkable growth, gaining one cohort of pupils per year until September 2017 when we reached a complement of 950 pupils across Years 7 to 11, employing more than 120 teaching and support staff.
The College has enjoyed significant success since opening four years ago. We were inspected by Ofsted in May 2015, gaining an ‘Outstanding’ rating in all four inspection categories. This was followed in July 2016 by the award of Teaching School status, and in December 2016, by the designation of National Support School. Rapid expansion of pupil numbers led to a further £10 million building project, completed in autumn 2017, and the College now boasts some of the finest facilities of any secondary school in Cambridgeshire. Further building work is now planned on an adjacent campus; we have been asked by the Local Authority to provide secondary education for the new Cambourne West development, opening in September 2019.
Our aims are summed up below: and further explained in our Ethos Statement.
Aspiring to Excellence
- We are a dynamic, innovative and outward-looking school.
- We value every individual and seek the best possible outcomes for each one.
- Our staff is highly qualified, exceptionally committed and continually learning.
- We nurture mutually-beneficial partnerships which enhance our pupils’ opportunities and well-being.
- We are sustained by collaboration, mutual support and trusting relationships.
- We are an open, friendly school, where all people feel they belong.
- We are proud to serve our community of Cambourne and want Cambourne to be proud of us.
I hope you find our website interesting and informative: if there is anything else that you would like to know, or if you would like to arrange a visit to the College, please do Contact Us.