Equality at CVC
Promoting equal opportunities is fundamental to the aims and ethos of Cambourne Village College. Our school is committed to equal treatment for all pupils, regardless of race, sex, disability, religion or belief, gender identity or sexual orientation.
Each of the core principles of the Cam Academy Trust suggests an approach which promotes equality and celebrates diversity. Pupils will only achieve excellence if the barriers that promote unequal outcomes are successfully removed. Education can only be truly comprehensive if every pupil has an equal chance to thrive. This can only be achieved by effective partnership with key external organizations, and strong links throughout the local community. It is only with a genuinely international outlook that pupils will truly understand and value global diversity. These values are commonly held across our Trust and by Cambourne Village College.
Equality and diversity objectives
The College’s ethos and aim as a whole is to:
- To eliminate unlawful discrimination on grounds of any of the protected characteristics
- To advance equality of opportunity for all members of the school community
- To foster good relations between pupils who share a relevant protected characteristic and pupils who do not share it
As a public organisation, we have our own formal equalities objectives. These are:
- to narrow the gap between the progress made by disadvantaged boys and those of non-disadvantaged pupils nationally
- to narrow the gap between the attendance of disadvantaged boys and that of non-disadvantaged pupils nationally
- to narrow the gap between the proportion of disadvantaged boys who receive fixed-term exclusions and non-disadvantaged pupils nationally.
All members of our school community are expected to comply with and support our aims and objectives.
Our Equality and Diversity Policy, Disability Equality Scheme and Transgender Policy can be found on our Policies page
Our Public Sector Equality Duty Statement can be found here