Head of Department: Mr R Beaumont
Years 10 & 11
The BTEC in animal care consists of two compulsory unit and two optional units.
- Animal Health – Compulsory external examination
- Animal Handling – Compulsory internal coursework module
- Animal Welfare – Optional internal coursework module
- Principles of Animal Behaviour— Optional internal coursework module
Homework will be around 1hr per week when working on their BTEC assignments.
No specialist equipment required. Just standard; pen, pencil ruler and calculator.
- Visits by learners to local workplaces linked to animal care
- Inviting relevant experts or contacts to come to speak to the learners about their involvement in animal care and welfare at different levels and in different ways
- Arranging visits to employers in animal care