Cambourne Village College - Planning Consultation
Thank you for visiting these information pages for public consultation on the planned expansion of Cambourne Village College from 2023. Unfortunately we are not able to hold a physical consultation on site at present but hope you find all the relevant information on these links:
- Link to Proposed Plans.
- Link to Video ‘Fly Through’. Please note that landscaping has not been finalised on this guide to the proposed building layout which currently appears very grey.
- Link to Rationale for Development
Please email your comments in response to the consultation, to: KCE.CVC3B@kier.co.uk
Metamorphosis performed by the CamVC Jazz Band
Enjoy the video of the school Jazz Band (a mixture of our Year 10 and 11 students) performing a piece called Metamorphosis written by Mr Mulholland. The students recorded their parts individually and they have been combined together to make one performance. The recording is available HERE (school login required).
Welcome to Cambourne Village College
Thank you for visiting our website.
Cambourne Village College, an academy of The Cam Academy Trust, opened in September 2013 for a first cohort of just 132, Year 7 pupils. Since that time, we’ve experienced quite remarkable growth, gaining one cohort of pupils per year until September 2017 when we were a ‘full’ 11-16 school for the first time. We now have almost 1200 pupils on roll and sit at the heart of one of the fastest growing communities in the UK. We seek to be able to offer a place to all pupils who live in our catchment.
The College has enjoyed remarkable success since first opening, gaining an Ofsted Outstanding rating, along with designation as both a Leading Edge and a Teaching School. In 2019, we were granted the International School Award by the British Council. We are committed to ensuring that all our pupils achieve their utmost academic potential, whilst providing an outstanding extra-curricular offer and an inclusive, welcoming environment.
From the outset, our ‘Village College’ remit has been central to our ethos. We support an active adult education programme and usually, more than 30 community groups and organisations make use of the school’s facilities. This unusual commitment to our local community was a key factor in our winning a prestigious Silver Award in the ‘Making a Difference’ category of the Pearson School of the Year celebrations in 2018.
The rapid growth in our pupil numbers is reflected in the ongoing expansion of our facilities. Extra accommodation was added in 2017, and a further wing, designed as the first part of a potential sixth form centre, has been in use since January 2020. The College is working with the Local Authority to be able to offer Sixth Form provision from 2023.
Our aims are summed up below: and further explained in our Ethos Statement.
Aspiring to Excellence
- We are a dynamic, innovative and outward-looking school.
- We value every individual and seek the best possible outcomes for each one.
- Our staff is highly qualified, exceptionally committed and continually learning.
- We nurture mutually-beneficial partnerships which enhance our pupils’ opportunities and well-being.
- We are sustained by collaboration, mutual support and trusting relationships.
- We are an open, friendly school, where all people feel they belong.
- We are proud to serve our community of Cambourne and want Cambourne to be proud of us.
I hope you find our website interesting and informative: if there is anything else that you would like to know, or if you would like to arrange a visit to the College, please do Contact Us.